If you have a confirmed train reservation ticket and due to some reasons you cannot travel or have to change your journey date, now you can transfer ticket to another person or your family member.
– A person can transfer his ticket to another member of his family by giving written submission 24 hours prior to the journey date. Relations of father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, wife and husband are accepted for transfer.
– A Government servant who is on duty, can transfer ticket with a written letter 24 hours prior to journey.
-For student of a recognized institute, he will have to submit a written request from the head of the institution and submit it 24 hours before the relevant train.
In such a case, the transfer can only be made to another student of the same institution.
– NCC cadets can also transfer their confirmed ticket to other cadets with a written request from an officer.
– in case of a group of student, NCC cadets and large groups for marriage, only 10 percent of the total members’ ticket can be transferred.
– Members of a marriage party can designate any one person as head of the group and he or she can make a written request for a transfer 48 hours before the departure of the relevant train. Such requests, however, would only be granted once.
This post has been seen 104 times.