A huge fire broke out the evening of Make in India Week event in Mumbai. A fire broke out the stage during the cultural programme on 14th February 2016 in Mumbai Make in India Week Event. At that time more than 15,000 people were present. At that time Lavani performance was running and one of the dancer Anjana Sukhani who was on stage said that, “We were shocked and confused when someone shouted ‘fire!’. We found that the fire wasn’t that bad initially.”
Many VIPS were present in Make in India Week Event. Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis and governor C Vidyasagar Rao who were present during the programme were quickly moved out of the area. According to eye witness, a dance performance was going on and suddenly the stage was on fire.
Poonam Mahajan said that, “The fire was uncontrollable, luckily people have been evacuated. The authorities worked very quickly. It was unfortunate, but everybody got out safe including VVIPs, 20,000 to 25,000 people were there. Suddenly the fire broke out. Luckily, the fire exits were clearly defined.”
The stage was designed by Nitin Chandrakant Desai and the entire event was managed by Wizcraft and costed the government Rs 4 crore. In this cultural night, there several film personalities and foreigners were present. The event was at Mumbai’s iconic Girgaum Chowpatty beach.
Make In India Week 2016 in Mumbai
This post has been seen 428 times.