Narendra Modi is currently India’s 15th Prime Minister and 14th Former Chief Minister of Gujarat from 2002 to 2014.
Name: Narendra Damodardas Modi
Birth date: 17 September 1950 (age 64)
Birth place: Vadnagar Bombay state(Now Gujarat) India
Political party: Bharatiya Janata Party
Modi is the first Prime Minister of India born in independent India. He is also the first Indian prime minister whose mother is alive when he takes office. He holds the record of winning a Lok Sabha seat by the highest margin (about 5.70 lakhs; Vadodara). Narendra Modi is so popular among youth. Narendra Modi is Having 8.49million followers on tweeter.
Narendra Modi always had a zeal to serve and help people. As a young boy during the Indo-Pak war in the mid 60s, Narendra Modi voluntarily offered service to the soldiers in alteration at the railway stations. He also served the people of Gujarat during the flood in 1967. Modi started working in Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation’s staff canteen. Eventually from there he became a full-time proponent and campaigner, commonly called a pracharak, of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). Modi later underwent training in the RSS camp in Nagpur. It is a prerequisite for any RSS member to take up the training course for holding any official position in the Sangh Parivar. Narendra Modi was given charge of the student wing in the Sangh in Gujarat, which is better known as Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
Political Journey of Namo:
- Became the General Secretary of the Bharatiya Janata Party in its Gujarat unit in 1988.
- Recognized as a key strategist by the Bharatiya Janata Party for being instrumental in successfully campaigning for the party in the 1995 and 1998 elections in the state of Gujarat, which led the party to become the ruling party of the state of Gujarat.
- Successfully organized two challenging events on a national level: 1) Somnath to Ayodhya Rath Yatra, a long march by Mr. L. K. Advani and 2) a march from Kanyakumari (southern tip of India) to Kashmir (northern tip of India). These two events are considered to have attributed in bringing Bharatiya Janata Party to power in 1998.
- In 1995 Narendra Modi was appointed Secretary of the Bharatiya Janata Party at national level.
- Narendra Modi has been credited for having successfully carried out the responsibility of revamping the party organization in different states.
- In 1998 Narendra Modi was promoted as General Secretary and held the position till October 2001.
- Narendra Modi became the Chief Minister of the state of Gujarat for the first time in October 2001 after his predecessor Keshubhai Patel resigned from the post following the defeat of Bharatiya Janata Party in the by-elections.
This post has been seen 735 times.